THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, July 30, 2010

BACK TO BASIC!!!

                             FLAWLESS THINKING
Every woman wants flawless skin, fortunately, a woman's skin doesn't have to be truly
flawless to look like it is. The first steps to creating a perfect finish begins with concealing imperfections and I have just the trick to put the cover on  some major  imperfections.


         ****HOW TO HIDE MINOR SCARS****


You have to understand that pores allow makeup to hold to the skin, and scars lack pores. A little prepping is necessary to conceal a scar.

  • Dab moisturizer only on the scar
  • Apply a thin layer of powder one that matches your skin tone
  • Using your ring finger pat lightly around the edges to blend
  • Dust with powder to set


                                       ******SHADOWS******
I found that the best way to brighten a shadowy area on my face is to use a Facial Highlighting Pen from Mary Kay Cosmetics. It's a wonderful product that I feel every woman should have in her makeup bag. Never use a concealer, at least I don't when I need to brighten a shadowy area. Mary Kay's Facial Highlighting Pen has light reflecting pigments and sheer luminosity that concealers lack to me. The pen unlike concealers goes on after foundation is applied. Your shadowy areas would be...under the eyes, in the corner of the eyes, bridge of the nose, chin, corners of mouth. A little goes along way.




                                       ******DARK CIRCLES******
Those nasty dark circles around the eyes are a hot mess, but you can cover them up and help diminished them all together. Let me share my secrets!
  • Apply concealer at the edged of the dark area and extend up, never go below the dark area or you'll lighten the area your trying to match. Be sure to include the inside corner of the eye lids if necessary. I do to blend everything together to match.
  • Using your ring finger to pat lightly the edges to blend
  • For serious dark circles, get a concealer 1 or 2 shades lighter than your skin tone
  • For long term benefits I would highly recommend Mary Kay's Timewise Targeted-Action Eye Revitalizer, which provides long term benefits.
                                                           **********
These are just some of my tricks that I learned and use to achieve my flawless face. I'm a loyal user of Mary Kay Skincare and when I'm mentioning a MK product is because I use them and know what they can do. Not only do I use the products I also sell the products. I would never ask you to use a product that I haven't tried. I hope that you find these tricks useful.

This is a series of Back To Basics: Makeup 101. We'll learn the history of makeup in my next blog so have fun and get flawless.


TIPS OF THE DAY:
  • To cover redness on ivory & beige skin tones, try a yellow concealer
  • Always dab foundation over a concealed area to keep from smudging and set with powder
RECOMMENDATIONS:
  • Mary Kay Timewise Facial Highlighting Pen
  • Mary Kay Timewise Targeted-Action Eye Revitalizer
Xoxo Lady C.
Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments: